SRS WINDOWS AND DOORS INC
COVID-19 UPDATE FROM SRS
COVID-19 UPDATE FROM SRS
IMPORTANT UPDATE APRIL 3, 2020
IMPORTANT UPDATE APRIL 3, 2020
This afternoon, Premier Doug Ford has announced further closures of non-essential services primarily in the construction sector.
The updated emergency order will take effect on Saturday, April 4, 2020 and will include the stop work of any and all NON-CRITICAL construction projects across the province.
Projects considered essential include industrial construction, infrastructure projects such as hospitals, roads, and bridges, and residential house construction NEAR completion. All new residential construction projects are being ordered to stop.
Construction projects still ongoing will be subject to heightened scrutiny and inspections and the province has hired 60 new site inspectors.
Since SRS Windows and Doors works with Thunder Bay and Area Victim Services and Fort William First Nations Essential Services, we have been deemed as an essential company and WILL CONTINUE TO WORK until we are told we cannot any longer.
Our protocols for safety can be found below the top announcement on this page and they do remain intact. Any employee on the job is there by their own free will so please respect them and the job they are doing.
A complete list of businesses deemed essential can be found on the provincial government website.
What does this mean for SRS and you?
Although we cannot come into your home to do renovations or repairs unless it is a repair that is necessary to protect you, your family and your asset - your home - we can still talk to you about your upcoming projects and work with you to create a design that you'll love.
We've uploaded a HOME VISUALIZER that you can work on to create a design or just create. In the coming days, we will be adding a form to our site so that you can upload the sizes for windows and doors and get a quote for that project.
If you have a deposit down on a project, the items are already in production and cannot be stopped. We will do your installation when our government has said it is ok to resume life as before. Please see our Terms of Contract here.
If you find yourself in a situation that once the installation can happen and you are financially unable to pay your balance in full, talk to us, we'll work with you.
At this moment in time, it is important that you, your family and your friends abide by the mandates set out by our most trusted advisors - our health care professionals. We WILL get through this together.
Stay well, stay healthy,
As we take measures to mitigate the risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, we are evaluating all scenarios that could unfold.
Currently, we have cut our installation crews by half and are only operational with provisions in place. We have implemented the following measures suggested by Thunder Bay Public Health and within our own Health and Safety Policies and Guidelines.
These measures include:
- frequent hand washing for at least 20 seconds with anti-bacterial soap
- frequent use of hand sanitizers if unable to immediately wash hands with approved methods
- extra cleaning of work areas and common surfaces with anti-bacterial products
- advising all employees who are sick to stay home
- refrain from hand shaking - zero touch policy
- sneezing or coughing into a sleeve
- social distancing of 2 meters - this includes while we are conducting installations. Please respect our boundaries.
- travel ban on all business or personal travel unless it is for the completion of industrial or institutional infrastructure projects deemed essential
- self isolation for 14 days at the first sign of possible symptoms
- all invoices are to be paid online via our secure servers or e-transfers. Absolutely no cash or cheques will be accepted. We have chosen to go this route to minimize risk of touch or transfer.
Even with these measures, we are still at risk of having an employee develop COVID-19 infection at any time given our close working quarters with our clients. As a result, we ask that you, our customers, provide us with advanced notice if you are feeling unwell or have chosen to self-isolate so that we may reschedule your installation to a more appropriate time.
At this time, all office visits are suspended until further notice. This allows us to ensure the health and well being of our staff and clients remain our top priority. Should you need to discuss your quote, order or installation, we can assist over the phone or via email.
During this difficult and uncertain time, we thank you for your understanding and wish that you and your families stay safe and healthy.
IMPORTANT UPDATE MARCH 24, 2020
After Premier Doug Ford's announcement yesterday with implementing The Emergencies Act (formerly the War Measures Act) for Ontario, we have been getting questions with regards to what is an essential service and how does it relate to you. This move is unprecedented. The Emergencies Act has never been used. The War Measures Act, which this act replaced, was used on three occasions: during both the First and Second World Wars, and during the 1970 October Crisis.
A declaration of an emergency by the Cabinet must be reviewed by Parliament
Any temporary laws made under the act are subject to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Below SAWDAC has pulled out snippets from the press release from the Ontario Government that outlines what is qualified as an essential service and we have also included the link with the full list. Please read these three points over as they reflect our industry.
13. Businesses that provide support and maintenance services, including urgent repair, to maintain the safety, security, sanitation and essential operation of institutional, commercial, industrial and residential properties and buildings, including, property management services, plumbers, electricians, custodial/janitorial workers, cleaning services, , security services, fire safety and sprinkler systems, building systems maintenance and repair technicians and engineers, mechanics, (e.g. HVAC, escalator and elevator technicians), and other service providers who provide similar services
20. Businesses, facilities and services that support and facilitate the two- way movement of essential goods within integrated North American and Global supply chains.
28. Construction work and services, including demolition services, in the industrial, commercial, institutional and residential sectors;
Please click on the link for the full list
This means that for the time being, SRS will remain open until and unless we are forced to shut down by the government. We work closely with support services for the vulnerable in our district both on and off reserve to ensure public safety so that they can remain in a safe and secure environment. If you see our team out there, please do not judge or make comments that are unnecessary. We are there for each and every one of you should the need arise.